The Coconut Monkey Project

'The Coconut Monkey Project' documents the original paintings and vintage coconut monkey collection of freelance illustrator and tiki bartender Susannah Mosher. For everyone into Tiki Art, Vintage Hawaii and Hawaiiana, Retro Kitch, and Cocktail Culture, Shag, and oh yes. . . Monkeys!

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Big Eye Paintings are HERE!


Aloha friends!
Well, it's been a busy summer and I have some great news and great new pieces to share with you!
First off, I am just finishing my interview and photo shoot for the next issue of Tiki Magazine! So be sure to pick up a copy and enjoy the fun filled article all about the Coconut Monkey Project and my paintings in the NEXT issue!
Second, we just wrapped our 5th Tiki Art Show at the Tonga Hut, and boy, was it a BLAST! We had an amazing group of artists including LITTLE LOST TIKI with his beautiful and intricate paintings and brand new TIKI FARM mug set, TIKI DIABLO with his awesome tiki mugs and hand painted idols, Suburban Pagan with glowing moody paintings and hand made tiki idol candles, JOHNNY VELOUR with one of a kind hand sculpted scorpion bowls, lava bowls and poison bottles, Seco from the MARTINI KINGS with some great art as well as CD's and Camp Burlesque DVD's, The much anticipated CD release from the TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA. I was up to my usual monkey business, but finished TWO NEW PAINTINGS just in time for the show!
YES, These are NON-MONKEY paintings-I CAN paint other things you know ;). . .and they are inspired by one of my other loves-the Big Eye Paintings by Keane and the other masters of the 1960's.
I seem to have found a happy medium between kitch and tiki, and I'm not budging!:)
Let me know what you think!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home